These executive briefs are designed to help senior institutional leaders—presidents, provosts, trustees, and deans—optimize the impact of IT in higher education.
The Foundations offer a framework for considering higher education’s most pressing IT challenges as strategically important opportunities for the institution. The Key Questions deepen these perspectives with data and examples. Together, the briefs help guide strategic planning and risk management. The material is designed for use in an interactive workshop format or as stand-alone material.
Administrative Systems and Services
- Foundations of Administrative Systems: Balancing Cost and Value
- Key Questions for Administrative Systems: Balancing Cost and Value
- EDUCAUSE Administrative IT Program
- Maximizing Value in a Time of Change, EDUCAUSE/NACUBO Administrative IT Summit Report, August 2014
- The NACUBO/EDUCAUSE Working Group on Administrative Services and Systems, February 2014
- Administrative and Enterprise IT Systems Research Snapshot
- How to Excel at Research Computing in Times of Diminishing Resources, Growing Demand, and Expanding Possibilities, April 2014 (for ECAR subscribers)
- Higher Education's Top-Ten Strategic Technologies in 2014, February 2014 (for ECAR subscribers)
- Administrative IT Library Primer
- Foundations of Information Security: Institutional Implications for Safeguarding Data
- Key Questions for Information Security: Institutional Implications for Safeguarding Data
- Foundations of Online Learning: Where Digital Living and Education Meet
- Key Questions for Online Learning: Where Digital Living and Education Meet
- EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative Program
- The State of E-Learning in Higher Education: An Eye Toward Growth and Increased Access, ECAR, June 2013
- ELI's 7 Things You Should Know About…™ Series
- Competency-Based Education (CBE) Primer Page
- E Learning Primer Page
- Online learning Primer Page
- 2014 Student and Faculty Technology Research Reports and Infographics
- Foundations of Personalized Pathways: Navigating Higher Education
- Key Questions for Personalized Pathways: Navigating Higher Education
- IPAS Research Hub
- What Leaders Need to Know About Managing Data Risk in Student Success Systems, April 2014
- Integrated Planning and Advising Services: A Benchmarking Study, ECAR, February 2014
- Managing Data Risk in Student Success Systems: EDUCAUSE IPAS Summit Report, February 2014
- Student Success Primer Page
This pilot collection is intended to provide EDUCAUSE community members with resources they can use to communicate IT trends to non-IT leaders. The Key Questions executive briefs were supported by a grant from the Lumina Foundation.
"Helping Higher Education Leaders Understand IT: An EDUCAUSE Pilot Program"
In this October 23, 2014 EDUCAUSE Live! webinar, Diana Oblinger, EDUCAUSE president and CEO hosts Susan Grajek, vice president for data, research, and analytics, and Joanne Dehoney, chief of staff, for a discussion of the four topics and how the resources can be used with key influencers on your campus to help establish a common vocabulary and understanding of IT’s strategic role.