Announcements and Updates
John Prette starts our session with a a few announcements and updates.
- Reminder to the community group to contribute to the PMCG template repository. Submit your favorite templates.
- Opportunities and possibilities for expanding the groups focus into Agile Project Management.
- We’re always looking for guest speakers. Speaking at community group meetings is an excellent opportunity to exchange ideas and share what your campus is doing in the area of project management!
- Mark your calendars for the ITSM Open Community day on May 4th 2021 (11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. ET / 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 pm. PT). Don’t forget to register.
- Updates to Educause's Community Group Participation Guidelines.
We break from our normally structured format to open up the mic for anyone to ask questions, pick a topic, and share ideas. Topics and questions discussed include
- How do you capitalize costs during an agile project?
- Estimating labor and time
- Time tracking
- Chargebacks for PMO
- Educause Mentoring Program
- What is a project vs what is a service request?