The National Association of College and University Attorneys (NACUA), ACE, and EDUCAUAUSE held a webinar on July 25th, 2013 on the key legal and policy issues regarding massive open online courses (MOOCs).
The program addressed major legal and policy issues that can arise from institutional creation of or participation in MOOCs. Specific issues discussed included:
- Determining institutional goals and underlying considerations;
- Various institutional options for offering MOOCs and the pros and cons of each;
- Third-party provider agreements;
- Faculty legal and policy issues resulting from MOOC development and participation;
- Course development and management responsibilities and issues; and
- Data use, privacy and conduct issues.