ECAR collaborated with 151 institutions to collect responses from 17,451 faculty respondents across 13 countries about their technology experiences.
Selected findings are below. See the report for a comprehensive list.
- Faculty recognize that online learning opportunities can promote access to higher education but are more reserved in their expectations for online courses to improve outcomes.
- Faculty interest in early-alert systems and intervention notifications is strong.
- The majority of faculty are using basic features and functions of LMSs but recognize that these systems have much more potential to enhance teaching and learning.
- Faculty think they could be more effective instructors if they were better skilled at integrating various kinds of technology into their courses.
- Faculty recognize that mobile devices have the potential to enhance learning.
ECAR research helps you predict, plan for, and act on IT trends in higher education. Subscribe now.