Technology is key to the future of higher education. Digital capabilities describe the application of technology to the core functions of an enterprise. Using data from EDUCAUSE Core Data Service maturity and deployment indices, the Digital Capabilities in Higher Education reports are designed to provide a view into the current status of digital capabilities within higher education.
Maturity indices measure the capability to deliver IT services and applications in a given area. They examine not just technical dimensions of progress but also multiple dimensions such as culture, process, expertise, investment, and governance. Maturity indices enable institutions to determine where they are and where they aspire to be.
Deployment indices measure stages of deployment for specific technologies and services, which are aggregated to track progress in an area.
Core Data Service participants from EDUCAUSE member institutions can also use these data to create semi-customized benchmarking reports that assess their organization's digital capabilities and provide insight for future planning.
- Information Security
- IT Governance, Risk, and Compliance
- IT Service Management
The Digital Capabilities in Higher Education reports will be published in October 2017.
- Digital Capabilities in Higher Education, 2015
- EDUCAUSE Core Data Service
- EDUCAUSE Center for Analysis and Research
- The Digitization of Higher Education: Charting the Course, EDUCAUSE Review article
- Next-Level Benchmarking: How Do You Measure Up?, EDUCAUSE Review article
- Benchmarking to Inform IT Planning, EDUCAUSE Review article