This report will explore the current state of learning analytics in higher education and identify the foundational elements of effective, efficient, and adaptable learning analytics tools. It will also identify the types of problems institutions are trying to solve with learning analytics, assess readiness to make decisions with analytics, explore the impact of learning analytics on student retention and success, and look toward the future of learning analytics in higher education.
Related EDUCAUSE Resources
- Analytics in Higher Education, 2015
- View all EDUCAUSE Analytics Resources
- 2012 ECAR Study of Analytics in Higher Education
- 2015 EDUCAUSE Administrative IT Summit, "Analytics as a Strategic Asset"
- The CIO Minute: Administrative Systems as a Strategic Asset, video with Gordon Wishon, CIO, Arizona State University
ECAR research helps you predict, plan for, and act on IT trends in higher education. Subscribe now.